For all those bread lovers out there… here’s a Vegan gluten free bread recipe I’d like to share with you.
I am very proud of this recipe and couldn’t believe how easy and fast it was to make!
When I first made this bread recipe, I made them into small buns. I was reluctant to make it into a loaf. Because every time I made it in the past, it never held its shape and the texture was off. But, I didn’t let that stop me! So with this determination, and a few tweaks to the recipe… I tried to make it into a loaf again. And, to my surprise, the results came out delicious and amazing! The inside was soft and the top was nice and crusty.
It’s refined sugar free, yeast-free, filling and nutritious. It slices well and is perfect for sandwiches.
I like to toast it with vegan cheese and vegan butter on top! What toppings do you like to put on your bread?
- 4 cups whole raw almonds
- 3 tsp chia seed
- 3 tsp flax seed
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 2 cups psyllium husk powder
- 3 cups water
1. Preheat oven to 300
2. Grind whole raw almonds through handy grinder
3. Next, place ground almonds again through food processor to make a finer flour
4. Separately, put chia seeds and flax seeds through a (coffee) grinder to make a fine powder
4. Place the almond flour, flax seeds and chia seeds powder, baking powder, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, ground pepper in a large bowl and mix well
5. Add tapioca starch, psyllium husk powder to flour mixture and mix again
6. Then add water and knead with hands to make dough
7. Transfer the dough mixture to a greased (grape seed oil) loaf tin
8. Bake in the oven for 40-60 mins